One of the oldest cities in America, home to Harvard University and gateway to New England, Boston is a wonderful city full of character and charm created by its picturesque cobbled streets.
For history buffs, Boston is the city to visit. The key role it played in the American Revolution can be seen throughout the city and is best highlighted along the famous Freedom Trail.
Our expert staff will help you create the holiday that’s right for you and make sure everything runs smoothly for you.
Call 0333 234 0922 orEnquire online
Centuries of inward migration have created a unique European fell to this grand city, with historic places and buildings around every corner.
As a city of learning, with fabulous museums and galleries, there is also plenty of culture to keep you occupied.
Things to do in Boston
- Walk the famous Freedom Trail
- Take a tour of Harvard University
- Stroll the historic streets of Seaport
- Visit the 200 year old iron-sided ship, USS Constitution
- See the Boston Tea Party ships and museum
- Picnic and people watch on Boston Common
- Climb to Bunker Hill Monument
- Discover secrets of the deep at the New England Aquarium
- Browse in the enormous Boston Public Library
- Marvel at the magnificent Trinity Church
- Dine in Chinatown or trendy South End
By Road – New York 227 miles; Niagara Falls 470 miles
By Rail – New York 4 hours + other major cities
By Air – Direct flights from the UK and most major cities
Downtown Boston is easy to navigate. It’s compact, walkable, has an abundance of taxis, and an accessible public transportation system. Driving downtown can be a challenge with its dated road layout and limited parking options but, it’s the most convenient option for travelling outside of Boston.
Boston day tours and excursions
To make the most of your time in America, book your Boston day tours before you travel.
Explore Harvard University in a unique way, guided by students currently attending. The NY Times praises The Hahvahd Tour for delivering ...View details Save to favourites
This 45-minute, fully narrated tour brings you up close and personal with “Old Ironsides” at her home in the Charlestown Navy...View details Save to favourites
From the hero tales of the Revolutionary War to the local legends of the sea, you’ll be entertained and enthralled. Other highlights yo...View details Save to favourites
Hear about Boston’s most sinister characters, from the Angel of Death to the king of all killers, the Boston Strangler. Learn about...View details Save to favourites
Providing narration throughout the tours are professional researchers from the Whale Center of New England, the region’s foremost a...View details Save to favourites
For help and advice on your America holiday
call 0333 234 0922 enquire online
Why Freedom America
- Expert staff who have travelled in America
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews