Perched on the picturesque shores of Lake Michigan, this urban sprawl of lofty skyscrapers is a city renowned for its parks, museums and most importantly its bold architecture.
Chicago has some of the world’s tallest buildings, a host of impressive museums and a 196 ft Ferris wheel at Navy Pier. Head to the top of the John Hancock Centre and you will be rewarded with excellent panoramic views of the city and Lake Michigan.
Our expert staff will help you create the holiday that’s right for you and make sure everything runs smoothly for you.
Call 0333 234 0922 orEnquire online
Beyond Chicago’s iconic architecture and exciting city centre, is a cultural melting pot of ethnic neighbourhoods just waiting to be explored, they each have their own unique attractions, excellent restaurants and bustling nightlife.
With jazz and blues music deeply rooted in the culture of Chicago, in the evenings the city comes alive with the sounds of great music pumping from its bustling bars.
Things to do in Chicago
- Culture yourself at the Art Institute of Chicago
- Relax in Chicago’s popular Millennium Park
- Catch a ball game at Wrigley Field, home to the Chicago Cubs
- Explore the Museum of Science & Industry
- Experience the carnival atmosphere on Navy Pier
- Enjoy breath taking views from the top of the Willis Tower
- Gaze out over Lake Michigan from the 360° Chicago
- Shop till you drop on the Magnificent Mile
- Indulge in the nightlife, dining and entertainment of Lincoln Park
By Road – Milwaukee 95 miles; Indianapolis 180 miles; St Louis 295 miles
By Rail – Chicago is a major transport hub offering routes to 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian provinces, the national rail operator Amtrak offers more than 300 trains each day to more than 500 destinations.
By Air – Direct flights from the UK and most major cities
Chicago is a large city but easy to navigate by walking, taxi and public transport. Consider exploring Chicago by neighbourhood to cut down on travel time.
Tip: It’s helpful to think of Chicago as a vertical city, with Lake Michigan as a natural border to the east. Chicago’s numerical grid system is an easy reference point for directions.
Chicago day tours and excursions
To make the most of your time in America, book your Chicago day tours before you travel.
This is a comprehensive tour of everything that Chicago has to offer. You’ll travel through both the North Side and South Side business...View details Item Added
See Chicago from the water as you cruise along the skyline in a beautiful streamliner yacht! This comprehensive tour visits the business ...View details Save to favourites
Once you have your CityPASS booklet, skip the ticket line and head straight for the entrance. CityPASS booklets are valid for nine consec...View details Item Added
The daytime experience is ideal for those looking to learn about Chicago’s History and see its famous landmarks from above, for tho...View details Save to favourites
For help and advice on your America holiday
call 0333 234 0922 enquire online
Why Freedom America
- Expert staff who have travelled in America
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews