Sitting around two hours north of Washington D.C. and two hours south of New York, America’s first World Heritage City, Philadelphia, is home to the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and the National Constitution Centre.
The city’s picturesque and friendly streets are easy to navigate and lined with parks, rivers, shops, restaurants and plenty of historic sites.
Our expert staff will help you create the holiday that’s right for you and make sure everything runs smoothly for you.
Call 0333 234 0922 orEnquire online
Showcasing some of the country’s oldest buildings, the role Philadelphia played in America’s early history has certainly been well preserved. For those on a visit to the Capital Region, Philadelphia provides a must-see stop to learn about America’s history and its democracy.
Once the nation’s capital, Philadelphia, or ‘Philly’ as it’s affectionately known, has all of the allure of neighbouring New York City, whilst boasting a small-town feel.
Things to do in Philadelphia
- Stroll around Independence National Historic Park
- Learn about the city’s history at Independence Hall
- Visit the Museum of the American Revolution
- Wander the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- See the Liberty Bell at the Liberty Bell Centre
- Tour the impressive City Hall
- Take a self-guided tour of the United States Mint
- Chow down on the iconic Philly Cheese Steak
- Visit the Benjamin Franklin Museum
- Peruse the art works at the Barnes Foundation
By Road – New York 98 miles; Washington D.C. 139 miles
By Rail – New York 1 hour; Washington D.C. 1.5 hours; Boston 5 hours
By Air – Direct flights from the UK and most major cities
Philadelphia is rated as one of the best walking cities in the USA. The city layout is simple to master and the streets are filled with fun and diverse shops, restaurants, museums, parks and people.
Philadelphia is quickly becoming one of the most bike-friendly big cities in the USA with dedicated bike lanes on city streets and hundreds of miles of trails.
The most convenient way to see 22 of the city’s top attractions is aboard the Philly PHLASH Downtown Loop. Single rides are available for just $2 per person ($5 for an all-day pass) with service every 15 minutes at visitor-friendly stops across the city.
Aside from walking, Philadelphia’s excellent transit system is the best way to get around town. It is one of the most comprehensive bus, subway and commuter-rail systems in the United States.
Philadelphia day tours and excursions
To make the most of your time in America, book your Philadelphia day tours before you travel
For help and advice on your America holiday
call 0333 234 0922 enquire online
Why Freedom America
- Expert staff who have travelled in America
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews