The Nation’s Capital is a vibrant, modern city full of iconic monuments, government buildings, free museums and sprawling markets as well as beautiful parks and tree-lined neighbourhoods.
Known as the ‘Nation’s Front Yard’ Washington D.C.’s Mall area is home to the majority of the city’s Museums, War Memorials and Monuments. Here you will find the popular Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, White House, US Capitol Building and much more.
Our expert staff will help you create the holiday that’s right for you and make sure everything runs smoothly for you
Call 0333 234 0922 orEnquire online
Discover Washington D.C.
With its Smithsonian Institution, Washington D.C. is in a class of its own when it comes to museums. Many are free to enter and they’re full of interesting artefacts, classic art, technology and even the wonders of aviation.
In the evening, the city’s vibrant nightlife and award-winning dining scene come alive. Arguably the best nightlife can be found in the lively neighbourhoods of Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan and U Street. They offer a great mix of bars, restaurants and buzzing night clubs.
Things to do in Washington D.C.
- Gaze upon the famous White House
- Wander around the towering Washington Monument
- Sit on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial
- Experience the National Air & Space Museum
- See the Korean War Memorial
- Go inside the Jefferson Memorial
- Tour the Library of Congress
- Trace the evolution of communication at the Newseum
- Sit around the pools at National WWII Memorial
- Explore the exhibits at the Museum of Natural History
By Road – New York 226 miles; Washington D.C. 139 miles
By Rail – New York 3 hours; Philadelphia 1.5 hours; Boston 5 hours
By Air – Direct flights from the UK and most major cities to Washington D.C. and nearby Baltimore
With logically laid-out streets and easy-to-use public transportation systems, you can explore DC stress-free.
Metrorail and Metrobus are probably the most convenient ways to get around Washington D.C but taxi’s are plentiful, economical and provide an efficient way to travel. One of the best ways to experience Washington, DC is on foot. The city’s wide sidewalks meander past the inspiring monuments and museums found on the National Mall, as well as the intimate museums, world-class theatres and splendid gardens in the city’s collection of neighbourhoods. For those who prefer to explore on two wheels, there’s the Capital Bikeshare scheme which has a fleet of over 3000 bikes spread throughout the city.
Washington D.C. day tours and excursions
To make the most of your time in America, book your Washington D.C. day tours before you travel.
Freedom, fun, monuments, and a breeze. This tour covers the monuments and memorials on the National Mall and Potomac Tidal Basin. See the...View details Save to favourites
Along the way, you can learn about the city’s history by listening to the entertaining and informative commentary. Your hop on hop ...View details Save to favourites
For help and advice on your America holiday
call 0333 234 0922 enquire online
Why Freedom America
- Expert staff who have travelled in America
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews