Georgia & Carolinas
A fantastic blend of history, tradition, southern food, great music and pretty cities this wonderful region offers a true taste of the ‘Deep South’.
Popular Charleston and Savannah are two cities brimming with southern charm; Asheville gives access to the Blue Ridge Mountains; Hilton Head Island is a relaxing beach stay and Atlanta acts as the gateway to the whole region.
Call 0333 234 0922 orEnquire online
Discover Georgia & The Carolinas
Within the beautiful skyline of Atlanta, you’ll have access to the world’s largest aquarium, the chance to follow in the footsteps of one of the country’s most notable civil rights leaders and even see the world’s largest collection of Coca-Cola memorabilia.
In contrast, the picture-perfect town of Savannah has one of the largest historic districts in the USA. Tree-lined streets are filled with antebellum architecture, pretty parks, gardens flourish throughout the seasons and everywhere you go you will be welcomed with warm Southern hospitality.
Discover The Carolinas
In North Carolina, the town of Asheville acts as the perfect gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains. From here you can get on to the Blue Ridge Parkway, which winds through two national forests and passes Biltmore, America’s largest privately owned home.
Along the South Carolina Coast, the harbour town of Charleston combines the charm of a historic southern town with a modern coastal vibe. Further down the coast, the resort island of Hilton Head is a haven of relaxation. This pretty island has pristine beaches, myriad restaurants and some of the best shopping in South Carolina.
Things to do in Georgia & Carolinas
- Take a walking tour of Savannah Historic District
- Relax in Savannah’s tranquil Forsyth Park
- Embark on a spooky Ghosts and Gravestones Tour
- Learn about the country’s favourite drink at the World of Coca-Cola
- Take a behind-the-scenes look at CNN’s global headquarters
- Visit Magnolia Plantation and Gardens in Charleston
- Photograph Charleston’s picture perfect Rainbow Row
- Ride a horse and carriage around Charleston cobblestone streets
- Hop on to the Blue Ridge Parkway from Asheville
- Relax on the pristine beaches of Hilton Head
Road – Nashville 248 miles
Rail – Amtrak’s Crescent service connects Atlanta with New York and New Orleans. The Silver Service/ Palmetto connects Charleston and Savannah with New York, Washington D.C., Jacksonville Orlando and Miami.
By Air – Direct flights into Atlanta from the UK and most major cities
As with most American states, travelling around Georgia and the Carolina’s is best done by hiring a car, hitting the open road and driving yourself.
For those who don’t wish to drive, there are regular buses and flights between the major cities and whilst the towns and cities are all walkable, there are public transport and plenty of taxi’s to help you get around.
Georgia & Carolinas day tours and excursions
To make the most of your time in America, book your Georgia & Carolina's day tours before you travel.
Take a fascinating look at some of the city’s most haunted sights, exposing the stories that center upon the most famous and infamous r...View details Save to favourites
For help and advice on your America holiday
call 0333 234 0922 enquire online
Why Freedom America
- Expert staff who have travelled in America
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews