With the iconic attractions of Graceland, Dollywood and the Grand Ole Opry, here in Tennessee, you can experience the heart and soul of America’s music scene.
In Memphis, you can visit Elvis’ mansion and also step into famous Sun Studios where legendary performers such as Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis began their careers.
In Nashville, country music is at the heart of the culture; here the history comes to life at the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Grand Ole Opry.
Call 0333 234 0922 orEnquire online
Tennessee is a one of a kind experience. Home to legends of country, rock n roll and blues; Tennessee’s music is the soundtrack of America. From the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville to Beale Street in Memphis, Tennessee is where it all began and never stopped.
Beyond the amazing cities, you can discover the beauty and adventure of the Great Smoky Mountains, America’s most visited National Park. Experience the relaxation of driving through the rolling hills of Middle Tennessee with the top down, stopping to soak in the state’s storied history.
Things to do in Tennessee
- Tour the once home of Elvis Presley, Graceland
- Discover the birthplace of rock n roll, Sun Studio
- Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- Trace the history at the National Civil Rights Museum
- Wander the Stax Museum of American Soul Music
- Listen to county legends at the Grand Ole Opry
- Walk down America’s most iconic street, Beale Street
- Party all night in Nashville’s Honky Tonks and Juke Joints
- Pay homage to the ‘Man in Black’ at the Johnny Cash Museum
- Walk in the footsteps of the greats at Historic RCA Studio B
Road – Nashville to Memphis 212 miles; Atlanta to Nashville 248 miles
By Air – Indirect flights in to Nashville and Memphis from the UK and most major cities
As with most American states, travelling around Tennessee is best done by hiring a car, hitting the open road and driving yourself between the cities. For those who don’t wish to drive, there are regular busses and flights between the major cities. There is no option for rail travel to the central or eastern parts of the state.
In the major gateway cities of Nashville and Memphis, you will find public transport in the form of busses, trains, taxis and in some cases hotels run shuttle busses to the down town areas.
Tennessee day tours and excursions
To make the most of your time in America, book your Memphis and Nashville day tours before you travel.
Hear outtakes from sessions, see priceless memorabilia and re-live the history of the studio that launched the musical careers of Johnny ...View details Save to favourites
Graceland created countless memories for many friends and relatives who were a part of Elvis’ life. Because Graceland was so close ...View details Save to favourites
For help and advice on your America holiday
call 0333 234 0922 enquire online
Why Freedom America
- Expert staff who have travelled in America
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews