For those with childhood dreams of being a ‘cowboy’, the place to visit is Texas. This incredibly diverse state is full of Dude Ranches, charming towns and oil-rich cities, each offering a whole range of unique experiences.
From the lush pine forests of East Texas across the rolling plains to the breathtaking mountains of El Paso, the Lone Star State will inspire you.
Our expert staff will help you create the holiday that’s right for you and make sure everything runs smoothly for you.
Call 0333 234 0922 orEnquire online
With modern cities, historic towns, beaches, deserts, national parks and the Rio Grande River, Texas certainly offers a unique landscape to explore.
The cities of Houston and Dallas are bustling labyrinths of towering skyscrapers, whilst San Antonio offers an altogether different feel; once a Native American village along the southern edge of the Texas Hill Country, the city is now a World Heritage Site, home to the famous Alamo.
For a truly Texan experience, Graham, in the heart of hill country, extends visitors the opportunity to live out childhood dreams of being a cowboy with a stay on a fully working ranch.
Things to do in Texas
- Explore Big Bend National Park
- Learn the rich history of the Alamo in San Antonio
- Visit Mission San Jose, the largest mission in San Antonio
- Stroll along San Antonio’s River Walk
- Spot turtles on South Padre Island
- Visit the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas
- Take a free tour of the Texas State Capitol in Austin
- Live like a Cowboy in Texas Hill Country
By Road – New Orleans to Dallas 505 miles; Houston 249 miles; San Antonio 543 miles; Austin 511 miles
By Rail – Dallas to San Antonio: 5.5 hours
By Air – Direct flights from the UK and most major cities to Houston, Dallas and Austin. Indirect flights available to San Antonio.
Texas is huge, so it’s highly unlikely you’ll want to try to see it all in one visit. Most visitors will explore either one or two cities or a relatively small section of the state. For those visiting major cities, it’s easy to fly in, use public transportation, and then fly or take the train to the next city. However, those who plan to see a variety of Texas cities will find that the most practical way to see Texas is by car.
Why Freedom America
- Expert staff who have travelled in America
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews