Sitting in the Mojave Desert, Las Vegas is a city of bright lights and 24 hour entertainment. Built around the famous Las Vegas Boulevard, this wonderland of excitement is home to mega casinos, entertainment venues and some of the most lavish hotels in the world.
This non-stop city boasts headliner shows, casinos, captivating art displays, fabulous shopping, rollercoasters and nightlife that will keep you partying from sunset to sunrise.
Call 0333 234 0922 orEnquire online
Discover Las Vegas
For visitors to Las Vegas, to wander the ‘Strip’ is a rite of passage. A short stroll along this fabulous street will take you past a city skyline like no other. Only here can you catch a glimpse of erupting volcanoes, gaze upon the Sphinx of Egypt, marvel at New York’s Statue of Liberty, Paris’ Eiffel Tower and Venice’s canals.
Away from the Las Vegas Strip, the bright lights continue in the downtown area of Fremont Street. This five-block entertainment district is home to some of the city’s oldest casinos as well as the famous Fremont Street Experience, a dazzling overhead light show comprised of canopy filled with 12.5 million LED lights. Best experienced at night, the light show is free and can be seen every night of the week – it’s not to be missed.
Things to do in Las Vegas
- Wander the Las Vegas Strip
- Gamble the night away in the many Casinos
- Be entertained by the world-renowned performances
- Witness the views from The High Roller
- Watch the Bellagio Fountains dance
- Walk across the impressive Hoover Dam
- Fly over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter
- Lean about Vegas’ dark history at The Mob Museum
- Take in the Fremont Street Experience
- Head to the top of the Stratosphere Tower
By Road – Los Angeles 270 miles; San Francisco 569 miles; San Diego 332 miles
By Rail – Los Angeles 6 hours; San Francisco 13 hours; San Diego 7.5 Hours
By Air – Direct flights from the UK and most major cities
Walking along the resort area of Las Vegas Blvd., known as the Strip, is a fun and convenient way to explore the city and get a feel for Vegas. Many resorts are located within walking distance of each other, and each has a unique flavour that can even be enjoyed by passing by on foot.
If you are looking to travel a little further afield, the best option is to hire a car; it’s convenient, cheap and provides the freedom to explore at your own pace. There are also an abundance of taxis, city buses and the popular Monorail which runs 7 days a week from Tropicana Avenue Grand to Sahara Avenue, making 7 stops along the way.
Las Vegas day tours and excursions
To make the most of your time in America, book your Las Vegas day tours before you travel.
Vegas Nights is an amazing helicopter tour flying over the megaresorts of the Las Vegas Strip from the New York-New York skyline to the B...View details Save to favourites
Start the day with a scenic drive from Las Vegas, through some very remote areas, to a mysterious location where recent sightings of UFO&...View details Save to favourites
Included in this wonderful tour are photo stops at Hoover Dam, the Route 66 Train Museum, Mather Point, Yavapai Point and Bright Angel Po...View details Item Added
For help and advice on your America holiday
call 0333 234 0922 enquire online
Why Freedom America
- Expert staff who have travelled in America
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews