The capital of Arizona, Phoenix is known for its year-round sun and warm temperatures. Phoenix anchors a sprawling, multicity metropolitan area known as the Valley of the Sun.
It’s also popular for its high-end spa resorts, Jack Nicklaus–designed golf courses and vibrant nightclubs. Other highlights include the Desert Botanical Garden, displaying cacti and numerous native plants.
Call 0333 234 0922 orEnquire online
America’s fifth-most-populated city is home to real cowboys, red-rock buttes and the famous saguaro cactus. It is the heart of the Sonoran Desert the gateway to the Grand Canyon, and its history is a testament to the spirit of ranchers, miners and visionaries.
Gorgeous desert scenery sets Phoenix apart from other cosmopolitan cities in the United States. In fact, Phoenix has more land designated for parks and preserves than any other major city in the USA. In addition to its natural beauty and Old West roots, Phoenix is home to an array of theater, shopping, dining, museums and more cultural attractions.
Things to do in Phoenix
- Visit the mighty Grand Canyon
- Discover the beauty of the Sonoran Desert
- Go behind-the-scenes at Taliesin West
- Take in a show at the ASU Gammage
- Hike the Echo Canyon trail up Camelback Mountain
- Go for dinner at the Arizona Biltmore
- Take a kayak out on the Salt River
- Wander the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art
- Walk around the Tempe Town Lake
- Visit the art exhibits at the Heard Museum
By Road – Grand Canyon 235 miles; Palm Springs 269 miles; San Diego 355 miles; Los Angeles 373 miles
By Air – Direct flights from the UK and most major cities
Using public transportation to get to, from and around Downtown Phoenix is easy and affordable. The Valley Metro Light Rail, buses and the Dash (Downtown Area Shuttle) make it easy to get where you need to be. If you’re in a car, there are more than 25,000 spaces located throughout downtown so parking shouldn’t be a problem.
Why Freedom America
- Expert staff who have travelled in America
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews