Home to the iconic Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island, San Francisco is a stunning landscape of hilly streets with beautiful Victorian architecture, diverse neighbourhoods and a vibrant historic waterfront. This compact city is easy to navigate on foot and even easier with the help of its iconic cable cars.
At the centre of the city you will find the best shops, restaurants and entertainment in popular Union Square whilst Fisherman’s Wharf provides a family friendly environment with great restaurants offering bayside dining.
Call 0333 234 0922 orEnquire online
Discover San Francisco
Spreading less than 50 square miles, San Francisco ranks as one of the world’s greatest cities. Famous for its Victorian buildings, classic cable cars, dynamic diversity, a beautiful waterfront and a soaring crimson bridge, the ‘City by the Bay’ truly has it all.
Rising above the waters of the Golden Gate, the narrow passage between the ocean and the bay is San Francisco’s most spectacular icon, the Golden Gate Bridge. For the best views, visit midday or early afternoon, when the clouds clear, and either walk, cycle or drive across for panoramic vistas.
Things to do in San Francisco
- Walk, cycle or drive across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Experience the relaxed vibe of Fisherman’s Wharf
- Cruise around and tour infamous Alcatraz Island
- Gaze out over sparkling San Francisco Bay
- Spend a day wandering stunning Golden Gate Park
- Ship and dine in bustling Union Square
- Visit the largest Chinatown in the USA
- Photograph the Sea Lions sunbathing at Pier 39
- Navigate the steep turns on Lombard Street
- Soak up the historic hippie vibe at Haight Ashbury
By Road – Los Angeles 382 miles; Las Vegas 569 miles; San Diego 500 miles
By Air – Direct flights from the UK and most major cities
San Francisco may be one of the biggest tourist destinations but it’s surprisingly small and easily seen on foot and by public transportation. Most of the popular attractions are within walking distance of the city centre but taking a ride in the city’s famous cable cars is the most entertaining way to see San Francisco.
San Francisco's day tours and excursions
To make the most of your time in America, book your San Francisco day tours before you travel.
The presence of infamous inmates like Al “Scarface” Capone, and the “Birdman” Robert Stroud helped to establish t...View details Item Added
The hop on hop off ticket gives you the opportunity to explore Downtown San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park and Ocean...View details Item Added
Starting in one of the only true Fisherman’s Wharfs left in America you will be lead on a journey along the coast to see sea lions, dol...View details Item Added
For help and advice on your America holiday
call 0333 234 0922 enquire online
Why Freedom America
- Expert staff who have travelled in America
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews