An area of unmatched natural beauty, America’s Pacific Northwest is an outdoor lover’s dream with rugged coastline, lush forests and mountainous National Parks.
Using Seattle or Portland as a gateway, you will be within easy reach of the wonderful array of Northwest National Parks that make this region so special. By combining a Seattle or Portland city stay with a self-drive, guided tour or motorhome holiday you can create a wonderful holiday of a lifetime.
Call 0333 234 0922 orEnquire online
Discover the Pacific Northwest
Nestled in Washington’s beautiful natural landscape, the state’s largest city, Seattle sits overlooking Puget Sound in the shadow of the impressive Mount Rainier National Park. This beautifully green city offers thousands of acres of parkland and is surrounded by water, mountains and evergreen forests providing immediate access to some of the greatest wilderness the country has to offer.
Just three hours south of Seattle, the city of Portland offers a similar experience but with a slightly different, easygoing charm. Sitting on the Columbia and Willamette Rivers, Portland is overlooked by the snow-dusted peak of Mount Hood. This artisan city is known for its beautiful parks, laidback coffee houses, and general eco-friendly vibe.
Things to do in the Pacific Northwest
- Head to the top of Seattle’s Space Needle
- Drop in on the waterside strip to visit Pike Place Market
- Visit the forested peaks of Olympic National Park
- Scale the impressive Mount Olympus
- Ascend to the peak of Mount Rainier
- Wander the picturesque and iconic, Washington Park
- Ski, snowboard or hike around Mount Hood
- Visit the USA’s deepest lake, Crater Lake
- Watch the Old Faithful geyser erupt in Yellowstone
- Visit Jackson Hole in Grand Teton National Park
By Road – Seattle to Portland 173 miles
By Rail – Seattle to Portland 3.5 hours
By Air – Direct flights from the UK and most major cities to Seattle and indirect flights to Portland
Unless you’re travelling between major cities, having a car, motorhome or motorcycle is practically a must in the Pacific Northwest. Getting to all those outdoor destinations is often impossible without your own wheels. Within Seattle and Portland, there are networks of public transport including buses, trains, streetcars, monorail and plenty of taxis.
Why Freedom America
- Expert staff who have travelled in America
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews