Yosemite National Park
Sitting in California’s Sierra Nevada Mountains, Yosemite National Park is one of the most celebrated National Parks in the USA. Famed for its giant, ancient sequoia trees, the granite cliffs of El Capitan and Half Dome and scenic Tunnel View, Yosemite is a truly unique environment that will leave you breathless. The park also features beautiful meadows, streams, historic buildings and an abundance of wildlife.
After exploring the park’s many beautiful sights, a visit to Yosemite Village is a must. Here you’ll find shops, restaurants and the park’s best lodges.
Call 0333 234 0922 orEnquire online
Only designated a national park in 1890, 26 years after President Abraham Lincoln signed the Yosemite Grant in 1864, Yosemite is the third oldest national park and one of the most visited national parks in the United States – it has a huge amount to offer.
Hikers and walkers will find a variety of day hikes based on interest, ability and level of difficulty and visitors can also enjoy Yosemite National Park by picnicking, birdwatching, biking, camping and fishing.
Things to do in Yosemite
- Take in the breathtaking vistas at Glacier Point
- Hike and climb the famous Half Dome
- Walk up to the impressive Yosemite Falls
- Stop at the scenic Tunnel View viewpoint
- Walk to the base of Bridalveil Fall
- Climb the mighty El Capitan
- Walk the 2.2 mile trail to Sentinel Dome
- Visit the picturesque Tuolumne Meadows
- Ride the Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad
- Hike the famous John Muir Trail
By Road – San Francisco 167 miles; Los Angeles 279 miles
By Rail – Trains serve San Diego, Los Angeles, Fresno, San Jose, San Francisco and Sacramento to and from Merced/Riverbank and connect with bus lines for direct buses into Yosemite Valley.
Cars are welcomed in Yosemite National Park and this is a good way to travel at your own pace around the sights. There is free parking in Yosemite Valley but its limited so arrive early if you want to get a parking spot here. Once in the Park, there’s an efficient shuttle bus system that’ll get you everywhere you need to go.
Why Freedom America
- Expert staff who have travelled in America
- Friendly advice and professional service
- Make the most of your time and budget
- Free planning service
Designed for you
- Holidays designed around your requirements
- Pick and choose the places you want to visit
- Wide range of travelling and touring options
- One consultant to make all your arrangements
- Tailor made service at package tour price
- Superbly located hotels that are best in their class
- Many extras and local charges included
- Book now with a low deposit and pay later
Peace of Mind
- Freedom Destinations is a leading UK travel company
- Independent & established for over 15 years
- Your holiday is fully ABTA and ATOL protected
- 5 star customer reviews